Tuesday, August 14, 2007

G is for Gauge, which I always regret...

All my life, I've been one to start projects at top-speed, sparing no time to make necessary preparations. As a knitter, that means my gauge is almost never right on. Combined with a tendency to knit too tightly, this has kept me from attempting any kind of garment that depends on gauge for wearability (at least since my first sweater, which combined the perfect yarn with the perfect pattern to make a teeny washcloth with buttons and armholes.)



Despite all this, Snow White seems to be coming out exactly the size I want it to be! The ribbing makes her look a little skinny on the needles, but I think she'll be just right for wearing.











I'm on to the shaping today. My stitch markers are nowhere to be found, so I improvised with some smooth twist-ties that I usually save as cat toys. I was worried they might snag my yarn, but they are working out pretty well.


Maybe frou-frou stitch markers will be my next knitting indulgence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! it looks so great. gosh, i love that yarn!!
its not a washcloth!! its not! i'm going to block it tonight!!!!!!!