Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Sheep Named Daisy


A picture just can't express how thrilling I find this yarn to be! My lovely mother bought these two skeins for me this morning at our local farmers' market, where I have never found yarn before! I gasped when I saw the basket full of wool!

This yarn is handspun from sheep that the vendor raises herself, and this yarn, she told me, comes from a sheep named Daisy! You can visit the vendor/shepherd, Corinne, and her sheep at crosswindsshetlands.com. Now, to find a project worthy of yarn I am already so fond of!



Another market find are these "sweet pears":



Locally grown and charmingly rosy, but rock hard. I like the look of them so much, I hope they take their time ripening!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

daisy! what a sweet farm they have. i like your wool, lady.