Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Progress!

My fingers are weary from 2 x 2 rib, but I've finished the body for Snow White, again. And, she fits! Beautifully.

My, oh, my, it is difficult to get a good photo of yourself wearing a half-finished sweater! Neither the mirror, nor the camera were quite ready for today's photoshoot, and I think I should have stretched my arms out before beginning!

But, here is the best, albeit foggy and distorted, photo of Snow White so far!

I am completely pleased with the shaping across the bust, and I think the ribbing pattern is perfectly fluid and was easy knitting. I didn't do any added bust shaping, but considered it. I am, as you can see, fairly top-heavy, but, having knit this thing twice already, I wanted to keep it simple.

The sleeves are up next! Hopefully I can get her all off the needles before Monday. The school year seems like a knitting-wasteland to me, with no time for spare time. I want this done soon so I can wear it and not find it half-finished in my closet come January!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so crazy!! it looks great so far, the perfect color for you. and the shaping looks very flattering :)